In designing the CD label, consider this center area of the disc carefully.
Center hub of CD showing mirror band, knockout ring measurements
and clear plastic area.
Here are a few pointers:
- Do not print a picture or text over this area without a background
- DVDs are metallized to the center area (approx 22mm).
- Decide which spec you will use (46, 37, 22 mm) and then lay out the label
so the design is well balanced.
- Our standard spec is 22mm. You can have a free white base of 22mm to 116mm diameter.
- Custom white areas require an extra film and screen.
- On reorders after several years, it is possible that the spec could
change and new films are required.